[pianotech] Weaver spinet

Cliff Lesher lesher at dejazzd.com
Tue Jun 8 18:38:17 MDT 2010

On Jun 8, 2010, at 3:11 PM, Andrew Remillard wrote:

> The patient is a Weaver spinet with...down weight north of 140
> grams for much of the piano...

Install five Pitchlock Touchrails.  That ought to do it.  Don't
forget to allow five minutes to adjust lost motion.  Per key.

Pennsylvanians had some good inventions over the years (bubble gum,
Slinky, Monopoly, Kevlar, Hersheys chocolate), but I don't consider
the boat-anchor rocker arm to be among them.  (Weaver was in York.)
However, they lend a fresh, delightful perspective on finding a
Lester (made near Philly) spinet with a bottom board obscured by
yellow plastic.  I'll take the Lester any day.

When the Weaver plant closed in 1959, I'll bet they sent their extra
rockers over to York Barbell, which, I believe, is still going
strong.   Down weight the customer can appreciate.

Cliff Lesher
Winfield, PA