[pianotech] Question on agraffes

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed Jun 9 18:36:35 MDT 2010

Jon

I have had several Steinways from that era that had agraffs breaking. In each case I was able to convince the customers that all the agraffs are bad, (as Ron described), and that it would be best if they were all replaced at once, to avoid having it happen over a period of time. Which, of course, meant restringing, too. Although replacing the pin block would be ideal, unless there is some weakness with some of the pins, it is not absolutely necessary. But it might be a good idea to recommend it, since it will need to be replaced in the near future.

Wim