[pianotech] Tuning Failure

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 14 20:42:34 MDT 2010

Terry & someone else said: " A vertical piano, of course, has a different type of pinblock
> construction, but I'm just wondering if some similar fault might
> exist.

And it is glued to the frame - presumably.......

Terry,
You are presuming something not in evidence.<G> I can't tell you how many Uprights I've taken apart that have had little or no plate flange fitting! AND, when the darn things are completely apart I find that not much else is still glued together, due to the years of "racking" back and forth! Then,  I'm trying to tack it all back together and it's a real "Blivet"!@! Yikes! Lotsa fun.<G>
So, having said all that, there is a distinct possibility that that piano has some or all of those issues.
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police