[pianotech] mold

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 13:35:49 MDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 6:15 PM, Leslie Bartlett
<l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

>  Will installation of a Dampp Chaser kill off mold in a piano- Baldwin
> Hamilton?    I looked at one piano, on way to tune another. This church has
> 20, and they are considering DC’s for all of them- but presently there is
> mold on the keysticks, and a bit on the music rack.   Does anyone know what
> kind of legal issues come into play here, a church where LOTS of people are
> in and out?
>

> In a church setting- room AC on two times a week (Houston), would that
> cause the hammer felts to come unglued from the moldings?
>
> Thanks
>
> Les bartlett

I have seen mold growing in the old DC systems, mostly in schools where they
weren't maintained properly & failed to use the additive.

I would agree with Greg, kill the mold first.

Mike

--

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it.

   Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service