[pianotech] Pianotech Subscribers Meeting?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Jun 18 21:53:01 MDT 2010

John Ross wrote:
> Hope I don't run into any of those twisters, they look, and obviously
> are deadly.
> If you are driving, and see one, what do you do?

Hey John,
I live in tornado alley, and have yet to see one on the ground
in 62 years, though I'm convinced I heard at least one go
directly overhead. Should you actually see one on the ground,
consider that from where you are, you can see 70,000,000 times
(That's a SWAG, but I think it's likely in the ball park) the
number of square feet that are occupied by the tornado, that
aren't in any particular danger from it, and it might be
marginally easier to take. Odds are, you'll be missed.
Endeavor to be where it's not, by not continuing to drive into
the area where it seems to be going, or waiting like a numb
lump in an area to where it seems to be headed. It's a more
intense version of ducking down a side aisle to avoid an
insurance agent you recognize coming, with the price of being
intersected being considerably more abusive. The after the
fact difference is that you'll find folks willing to listen to
the tornado encounter story.
Ron N