[pianotech] repinning rep spring (was: WNG parts with Schaff (Abel) hammers?

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Fri Jun 25 15:15:19 MDT 2010

I don't think that is the best solution, Jon.  First, I think it would be
really difficult and frustrating (impossible?) to try to thread the strip of
bushing cloth inside the coil.  Secondly, the diameter of the bushing used
is too small in all directions, the bushing needs to fill the coil
completely along with the stiffness of a large center pin so that it does
not move at all.  Unfortunately, the best solution here is the one that
takes the most time, namely rebush and repin.

Will Truitt