[pianotech] Bally's

Ed Carwithen edwcarw at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 27 21:39:50 MDT 2010

Yes, Bally has a pool.  It costs.
Bally has internet access, it costs.
Yes, Bally has restaurants, they are EXPENSIVE!!
You can go to a kiosk in the morning and get coffee, 2 muffins and an orange juice for your self and your wife, but it will cost you $22.00.  One restaurant is offering a "dining experience" for $65 a plate.  You can get a slice of pizza and a drink for about $15.  The drinks are free if you are playing the slots, but otherwise a rum and coke will set you back NINE DOLLARS!!!

I had hoped to stay through Tuesday, but am considering going home early to avoid going totally broke.

The convention is great, with great instructors, and lots of camaraderie, good exhibits, good company, and a really supportive spirit.  It's a shame that I have gotten into the mind set of watching my dollar bills instead of just enjoying the convention, but this place has decided to ratchet up prices and the consequences be damned.

Also, the key cards don't work very well.  It takes a lot of patience to get your door unlocked; the hot water spigot in the bathroom sink has come off, the towel rack for the shower is loose and dangling, and the moulding around the shower tube has come off.

I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH BALLY HOTEL!!!!!!

BUT.... the convention is first rate and a wonderful inspiration.  Kudos to the exhibitors, the instructors, and the organizing and host chapter.  You all "done good!!"

The Bally hotel sucks.

Ed Carwithen
going home to Oregon