[pianotech] Raising rates in recession

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 28 22:23:57 MDT 2010

Hi,

Tony, thank you.  Without the necessary skills to operate any business, nobody will be successful in any endeavor.  This business might be one of the most difficult to be successful, I'm not sure about that one but, I do know that I see an awfully lot of unsuccessful piano technicians.  Highly skilled, yes, but still unsuccessful, an even bigger yes.

Matthew, you are right, I am a 3rd generation RPT my son, if he continues, will be a 4th generation.  I learned a lot from my father who taught me much of what I mentioned below along with reading a lot of business websites.  Stay one step ahead of your competition at all times.  Yet, I do not recommend stepping on anyone's toes either.  Not as easy to do as one thinks but, once one learns how, it becomes easier than one first thought…  Sounds like a Chinese proverb.  :-)

Jer