[pianotech] business

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 15:00:56 MDT 2010

>My take,

If you feel a job causes you more work (physical, mental or otherwise)
and you feel inclined to charge more, do so. No one forces clients to
use any one of us and if we have a distaste for a particular job, we
are free to decide whether to take it or not or, whether to charge
more or not. In a case like that, I would offer to my client that they
may be able to find someone to do it for less, but that is my fee.
Charging more, purposefully, does not equate to gouging. Charging more
arbitrarily does.

 Wim, getting sore playing racqutball is totally unrelated to work.
There are those that suggest that tuning a square actually is.

William R Monroe<

Those are my feelings also. I charge $10 more for players that have the
player actions in place, and for square grands. I tell the customer that I'm
charging more than the ordinary fee before I begin, and why. I have yet to
have a customer argue about it.

I think if  you're up front with the customer about your charges, there is
nothing unethical about charging more for a job which is more difficult
because of the nature of the instrument.   Chuck Behm