[pianotech] Tuning with distractions

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Tue Mar 2 22:29:42 MST 2010

There is a guy, I am convinced, who in the Fall watches to see when I
leave in the morning to go out on my tunings, and follows me around from client
to client with his gas-powered leaf blower. He looks like the same  guy
anyway.

Has anyone ever tried to tune during the cicada cycles? The last
infestation, I had an outside tuning under a tent for a wedding, and was  able to
figure that the chirrr of the cicada was almost a perfect fifth.  Really helped
me in the temperament area. :-)

In a message dated 3/2/2010 10:45:26 P.M. Central Standard Time,