[pianotech] The Fuel You Use In Your Car

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Tue Mar 9 15:07:55 MST 2010

Actually, the price per Euro, Pound, or US Dollar is very deceptive.  It really has nothing to do with the price of gasoline.

If you plot the price of gasoline increase per each of these currencies, you'll see that they rise at different rates.

But if you plot the price of gasoline versus the price of gold, you'll see that it's a flat line.  Gasoline hasn't gone up at all versus gold... for years!

The various currencies and their methodologies for printing fiat currency, causing inflation, and devaluing the money that goes into your pocket is the real problem. The increase in fuel costs is more directly an indicator of how worthless those (fill in your specific currency here) are rapidly becoming.

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC
www.mccallpiano.com