[pianotech] player stools

Bruce Dornfeld bdornfeld at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 17 21:06:29 MDT 2010

I haven't seen anyone mention pickles, so I will.  Most of the old player
benches that I have seen have pickles in the bench.  The pickle is an oblong
piece of wood shaped like a, you guessed it, a pickle.  A bench uses one on
each side, or two in total.  They are installed on the inside with a screw.
When inside the bench, the bench lies flat.  When you swing them onto the
back side, they elevate the back side of the bench top, creating the angle
you want to pump away.  I know I have seen pickles in some parts catalog,
but that may have been some other decade.  I cannot see why anyone would
want a bench that is permanently on that angle.  When someone wants to just
sit down and play with their own fingers, they would need a different bench.
I do not see a market for such a bench.

Bruce Dornfeld, RPT

 <mailto:bdornfeld at earthlink.net> bdornfeld at earthlink.net

North Shore Chapter