[pianotech] Force equivalents in different actions

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Wed Mar 24 20:30:59 MDT 2010

In a message dated 3/24/2010 9:19:06 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
davidlovepianos at comcast.net writes:

assume there is a consensus when it comes to weight  considerations in terms
of touch dynamics.
David:

While I wholeheartedly concur with the direction of your argument, I would
urge caution in assuming a consensus regarding weight considerations and
the  possible remedies. I assume the opposite, that there are too few who are
paying proper attention to it. Add, then, the tonal results, and the sample
 gets sparser.

Bob Hohf has done a great amount of experimentation in this area with
rather dramatic results, not so much on the hammer weight side of things as on
the inertial and leverage side. But the implications would be easy to ferret
 out, I suspect.

Paul