[pianotech] String "Jangle"??

Carl Teplitski koko99 at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 24 22:05:31 MDT 2010

Hey Joe,  I'm also very interested in reading some opinions
about this subject. Over the years I've been successful in
lessening the jangle, or a pinging type sound by cleaning
up the capo, but it doesn't always work. My take on it is
that there are probably several things which can produce
this effect. I've also tried to pick the hammer. This happens
for me on unwrapped strings the most.

Hope others will be able to enlighten us.

Carl / Winnipeg