[pianotech] Rodent Piano - Refuse to Service?

Norm Barrett barr8345 at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 25 22:24:52 MDT 2010

This subject has come up before and I have been in a situation I
probably should have refused. The odor was terrible as I entered the
door and when I opened the top cover, I said "You know that you have had
mice in here?"  The answer was yes and we put out poison. Well it had
worked  I retrieved around 17 dead mice from that piano and I wish that
I had known then about what I now have in an Ultra Violet Light Wand.
UV-C light kills bacteria, viruses, fungi and mold.  It even deodorizes
the area.
There is no doubt  in my mind that this would at least make the piano
much safer to work on. If anyone has any experience with this their
thoughts would be welcome.

Norm Barrett