[pianotech] Question with Climate Control System

Qshooterq at aol.com Qshooterq at aol.com
Tue May 4 15:57:03 MDT 2010

Hi, Ursula,   If the are no visible signs of damage then that's the place
to start.   I have a related story. I had trouble with a 7ft Bosendorfer with
wild swings from tuning to tuning.   The customer said that humidity swings
were not an issue in his house.
I installed a dehumdifier. The problem improved by 50%.   Shortly afterward
they moved.   At the new location the piano was as solid as a rock. The
moral of the story -- don't believe the customer, use Dampp Chaser's meter that
records the high and low humidity.     ---Tom Gorley