[pianotech] Netbooks and tuning software

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Tue May 4 17:20:21 MDT 2010

There are still many Minis available with XP Home installed.  I'd like to
put programs like PScale on the mini so that I can enter data directly into
it in the shop, and  hopefully using a microphone and Dragon Speaking
Naturally to enter my teardown info into an Excel Spreadsheet.  I'm running
MS Office 2003 on my 5 year old shop computer with has only 480 MB Ram.
Doesn't load that fast, but it runs.  So I am guessing it would run as well
on the mini with 1 GB of RAM.  But, as far as the shop is concerned, a
laptop would do as well also.

Will