[pianotech] no cash flow

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Wed May 5 06:04:06 MDT 2010

Hi Gene,

I've never been to small claims court.  Never thought it was worth my while.
I have however, sent people to bill collector's before but not until after
many months of not being paid, sending many repeat billings and many
warnings but that has only happened twice in 36 years.  Then it took over a
year to get paid and I never tuned for them again.  My choice.

Make sure that it is not your fault.  I've had it many times where the bill
was actually paid but, I had either forgotten to mark it paid or, I
incorrectly marked the wrong bill paid and screwed it up myself.

I have had many organizations over the years that have owed me money, more
than 2 or 3 tunings worth before I finally got paid.  Usually things turn
out in the end.  Occasionally if this continues for a few times, I usually
set my foot down a little firmer and then either refuse to tune for them
again until the bill was paid (if it had been 2-3 months or longer) or I
have requested they contact someone else to service for them if it had
continued long enough.

On the other hand, if they are scoffing at your bill as if it is
meaningless, I would scoff at their tuning requests as if they too, were
meaningless.  Tit for tat in that case.  You want it tuned?  Funny.  Pay
up..

Jer