[pianotech] Grand Piano Lift

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Wed May 5 12:58:03 MDT 2010

David,

That was my very first recommendation to them...  Buy another piano, even a smaller upright for the floor and leave the grand on stage.  They adamantly said no.  They don't want another piano, they want this thing moved from floor to stage and back without having to hire movers or take the legs off the piano.

I agree that a second piano is the best choice, but unfortunately, I must work within the constraints and desires of the client. Engine lift, hoist, or floor lift?  Those are the only options I see within their constraints.

Maybe you've watched too many bugs bunny or roadrunner cartoons where the pianos are falling out of the sky from broken straps on cranes...  :-)

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC
www.mccallpiano.com