[pianotech] no cash flow

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Wed May 5 19:02:48 MDT 2010

Gerry,
Hold on a minute. No one is advocating giving away business as part of one's business plans. The situation that was presented was what to do at this point: cut the losses and move on or sue for restitution. I think most agreed taking the legal route could end up costing more than the loss is worth. Thus the feeling is cut the losses and move on.
If I was in Gene's shoes, I'd have sour grapes and be really ticked off, as one should. And if the symphony hired him with the full knowledge that they weren't going to have money to pay him, and if you could actually proved it was pre-meditated, then I would say that's worth a look at a lawsuit. But again, if they don't have the money, your chances of recovery will be slim at best.
Personally I would try the guilt trip route and call the business manager or the manager of the symphony, someone with some clout. At some point they should have the heart to discuss this matter and work out some way to get this matter resolved. I'm sure they realize they have egg on the face with no only you but with other subcontractors. They probably aren't answering the phones for the obvious reasons.
And as far as the 2 hr drive...that's peanuts.
Tom Servinsky