[pianotech] Question about Yamaha Date/Place of Manufacture

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Fri May 7 15:18:57 MDT 2010

I tuned a Yamaha GH-I today Serial B5889408.
According to Yamaha's website all GH-1's were made in Thomaston, however as
I looked down the serial numbers they were all only six digits and as we all
can plainly see this one has seven.
There is no mention on their website where the pianos refixed with a B were
made or when however just looking at the number, disregarding the letter it
would appear to be made in 2000 in Japan.
There is no one at the church who would remember anymore.

Anyone else have an opinion?

Thanks,

Mike
--

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it.

   Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service