[pianotech] pneumatic player salvage

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed May 12 06:30:07 MDT 2010

OK, so to let this conversation morph..........

I don't service pneumatic players any more than I service organs, kalliopis,
refrigerators or BMW's.  But, what to do when I get a Big Old Upright with a
non-functioning pneumatic player system?  Is there any desire out there for
salvage parts amongst you player techs?  All to frequently I run into one of
these things, and effectively the player system is nothing more than in the
way of servicing the instrument (I know, probably the whole thing needs to
be dismantled, but......)  If the client has no interest in the system ever
working, does anyone have a desire for salvage parts?  Is that desire great
enough to pay for shipping or make a road trip to collect some?  Just trying
to do the right thing for those interested in pneumatics.

William R. Monroe