[pianotech] extra keyframe f/s

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Thu May 13 08:00:15 MDT 2010

Greetings,
    After hearing of several partial pianos being brought back to life, it
seems like I could let go of spare parts.   I have a keyframe, with keys and
action rails, for a 1914 Steinway O.   It was used as a second action for
one of my rental pianos, but it was sold, and I used the whippens and shanks
elsewhere, I don't think I need to keep it.   It fit another 1923 model O
with virtually no changes,(which amazed me).   All one needs to do is install
the whips and shanks, space it to the strings,and rock on.
    Keys are ivory, though they need a little repair.   The rebushing is
still good. Pins and punchings are still as they were when the piano was in
use. Backchecks are well worn but working fine.
I don't know what it is really worth, but $500 + shipping would get it
right now. And if anybody needs a plate for a model O, I got that too.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT