[pianotech] Catastrophic Events While Tuning...

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Sat May 15 08:48:11 MDT 2010

I've been hit in the face by a flying bass wire before after it ricocheted
all over the piano first.  Scared the living be-Jesus out of me!  Those
suckers can really fly!  Literally!  Sort of like superman!  I've had lids
almost crash down but, managed to catch them including vertical lids.  Had a
piano go flying off from a piano tilter once.OK, twice..on the way back down
to floor.  It hit the castor's and VROOM away it.  That made a pleasant
sound as it hit the floor.  In the background, I happened to notice that
someone was mumbling to himself after that.  Hmmm, wonder who that might
have been?

Jer