[pianotech] Yamaha GB-1 string breakage

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Sun May 16 01:01:19 MDT 2010

Fri, 14 May 2010 13:17:39 -0700 "David Love"
<davidlovepianos at comcast.net> wrote:
> I think those are scaled to a very high break point.  If you give me the
> lengths and wire dimensions I can figure it out for you.  Not that it would
> necessarily help you solve the problem.
>
> David Love
> www.davidlovepianos.com

David,

Thanks for the offer. And thanks to you - and the others who responded -
for the information. You are right - exact calculations won't do me or
the client much good here, so no sense going through the trouble. I
guess I'll just have to tell her that the piano is not suited to her
playing technique and that she'll either have to put up with string
breakage (and get a different tuner - because my schedule doesn't allow
me to run out to San Ramon every time she breaks a string) - or get a
different piano...

Israel Stein