[pianotech] Piano weight and hardwood floors

David Stocker firtreepiano at hotmail.com
Sat May 15 22:05:31 MDT 2010

I regularly carry (and sell!) wooden castor cups from Schaff. It is macintosh, the flannel lined canvas piano covers are made of, that is glued to the bottom. They will slide on a clean floor without damaging the wood. If you go too far too fast, it will heat from friction and the glue will fail.
http://www.schaffpiano.com/catalog/caster_cups.pdf

David Stocker, RPT
Tumwater, WA