[pianotech] PTG Chapter song

Dave Davis dave at davispiano.com
Sun May 16 13:42:51 MDT 2010

Here is something you can sing while you're working on a Chapter song -

This came to me by way of Barb Barasa, RPT, and a group sang it at our PNWC 2010 banquet. I believe it was first performed at a Chicago Annual Convention in years past. Please do not tell anyone it came from me. :-)

It's to the tune of the Too Fat Polka,
which is a real song. If you put "too fat polka
lyrics" into google, the first thing that will come up is an audio file
of Frankie Yankovich singing the original tune. You can easily
follow along using the lyrics provided below.

Best regards,
Dave Davis, RPT

The Too Flat Polka
By Henry
Kopek, RPT, and John LaBorn, RPT

I don’t want
it you can tune it it’s too flat for me,
It’s too flat
for me, it’s too flat for me.
I don’t want
it you can tune it it’s too flat for me,
It’s too
flat, it’s too flat, it’s too flat for me!

It’s a
spinet, a lousy spinet, but for the money, you just bear and grin it.

I don’t want
it you can tune it it’s too flat for me,
It’s too flat
for me, it’s too flat for me.
I don’t want
it you can tune it it’s too flat for me,
It’s too
flat, it’s too flat, it’s too flat for me!

I don’t want
it you can tune it it’s too flat for me,
It’s too flat
for me, it’s too flat for me.
I don’t want
it you can tune it it’s too flat for me,
It’s too
flat, it’s too flat, it’s too flat for me!

Can you raise
it to pitch? No no no no.
Will it break
at the hitch? No no no no.
Are you
facing defeat? Not another false beat!
Can’t you
possibly tune this monstrosity?
No No No.

I don’t want
it you can tune it it’s too flat for me,
It’s too flat
for me, it’s too flat for me.
I don’t want
it you can tune it it’s too flat for me,
It’s too
flat, it’s too flat, it’s too flat for me!

It’s a
junker, it’s a clunker, when you mute it, you’d rather shoot shoot shoot it.