[pianotech] An alternate but not quite parallel universe

jimialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Sun May 16 19:18:35 MDT 2010

With the exception of a very few pianos that I have encountered, to my
ear, non-musical sound, ie noise, is a huge percentage of most piano
tones... When you actually get past the noise, and the tone is finally
perceived,  the amount of fundamental that sounds can be so short,
absent, or overwhelmed by partials that you are mostly guessing or
remembering what the note ,ie fundamental, was supposed to be.

You invite middle C to a party, and middle C never shows up, just his
noisy friends.

Smokelessly

Jim I

--