[pianotech] An alternate but not quite parallel universe

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Sun May 16 20:49:25 MDT 2010

The Well-Tuned Piano isn't even about piano sound for me, although I can
choose to re-approach it from that perspective if I want to be once removed
from the experience itself.  It is not an experience filtered through my
intellect.  It is the pure, undefined experience itself in its immediacy and
its power. As Ron would have it, we are not intellectualizing the sound of
the surf, we are simply enjoying it speaking to the core of our being.
Having done some chanting over the years, the well tuned piano has a similar
effect of relaxation and bringing a sense of harmony in my being.

Sometimes it takes an artist to bring us back to an organic relationship
with the natural world we live in.  They let us crawl inside their ears for
a little while.

Will