[pianotech] Help urgent

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Mon May 17 15:56:19 MDT 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:49 AM, "Rafael M. Huberman Muñiz" <
rafahuberman at prodigy.net.mx> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> I'm in a client house and i am about to level The keys of a Yamaha upright
> no model sn 591142 small without front legs (white) and can't take out The
> front key cover!!! No screws i've been trying for about an hour to take it
> out without success... Can anybody help me please! I'm desperate, never
> hapened this before..
> Thanks!
> Rafael huberman.
>
> Enviado desde mi iPhone

I haven't seen this particular model but I'm recalling a model that had a
keyslip with a wooden "center" glued & screwed to it in the center(top to
bottom) that fit into a mortise in the keybed and had small screws set back
about 1 to 1&1/2 inches from the seam of the key slip/keybed seam that held
it in place. Baldwin used this originally on their spinets from the '50's if
memory serves.
I've seen it copied on more than one of the Asian makes.

Mike
--

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it.

   Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service