[pianotech] Help urgent 2

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Mon May 17 18:03:04 MDT 2010

Rafael -
It's too bad you didn't take some pictures of the underside of the
keybed as well.  As per Alan Eder's comment, I reached David Durben
at Yamaha, to see if he knew.  He claims that there are, in fact,
screws, as many as 5, going from the underside, about an inch or so
back from the edge, which coincide with angle iron brackets, as a few
people proposed.

Also, it's hard to see precisely: is the keyblock a two-piece
construction? (top and bottom?) Your photo doesn't make it clear,
like, I see the two blocks resting on top of the piano, but there
seems to be some structure remaining on the bass side. Is there
another part of the keyblock that could come out?

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY