[pianotech] Fw: Creaky damper lift tray

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Tue May 18 17:32:36 MDT 2010

Are you certain that it's the tray? Have you tried holding the dampers up on
the sostenuto tabs, then putting pressure on the tray with your hand?

I think of one very frustrating Asian-built Falcone that had creaking
dampers like that. It turned out (in this case) to be the guide rail
bushings. I Protek'd them and eliminated the symptom. If it recurs, I'll
Flitz the damper wires.  I probably should have done to begin with, eh? But
it was before I saw that really slick idea in a recent Journal of using
scrap hammer felt.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN