[pianotech] Tight Glide Bolts

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue May 18 22:24:58 MDT 2010

Jack said: "Here are some photos of the glide bolts, and as you can see all the action brackets where in the way and
with the bolts being as tight as they were it was very difficult to turn them without bending or getting a proper
grip on the bolts.
Regards,

Jack ,
Now that I see the photos, my take is this: The wrong TOOL(s) for the job! I made a miniature tuning head/tip with a bolt of the proper tread for a standard #2 Tip. Drill it's side, tapped with a 1/4 - 20  and inserted a 1/4-20 bolt, (with head removed and ground to fit into the combination handle. I use it for winding coils on a dummy pin as well. works great for both jobs. No, I don't have a pic. I could scan it but my scanner puts out high meg pictures that no one likes, so you'll have to use your imagination.<G>
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police