[pianotech] BNI etc.

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed May 19 02:42:40 MDT 2010

I'm wondering, has anyone had experience with the post office and how much they charge for a mailing to a zip code?
The Post Office doesn't supply a mailing list in a zip code. Only a private firm will do that. The Post Office will send a mailer to every address in their zip code, but that can get very expensive. You have to pay for the mailer, and the postage. If you only do it once, that's 44 cents for every address. If there are 20,000 address, that's $8800, and that's just the postage. You also have to pay for 20,000 mailers, which at 10 cents each, will be $2,000. The mailer will be sent to EVERY address, including every business. If you do spend $10,000, at $100 per tuning, you'll have to tune 100 pianos. Unfortunately, only about 3% - 5% of the addresses will actually look at the mailer, and only 3% - 5% of those will call you.

Wim