[pianotech] Lost business

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed May 19 20:58:13 MDT 2010

About two years ago, I had the opportunity to do a - complete - rebuild
finish and all) on an old square grand.
Was probably going to make at least $10,000 - BUT - I had no shop to
ove the piano to
SO I lost the job.
Now, I hope some smart-a** is not going to try and tell me that learning
bout square grands at a convention would have gained me this job!
--
uaine Hechler

-

I'm sorry, Duaine, but this makes absolutely no sense to me. You didn't "lose" the job. You should never have given a bid to do the work in the first place if you knew you couldn't do the work because you didn't have a place to do it. None of us "lose" work. We don't get jobs because we either don't have the knowledge or the facilities to do the work in the first place. A customer might decide not to have you do the work for a variety of reasons. That still doesn't mean you "lost" the job.

As far as that assine last statement, you have obviously never attended a convention or seminar. If you had, you would know that there are no "smart asses", only dedicated technicians who give of their time, and want to share their knowledge with you, so that you will become a better technician.

Wim

About two years ago, I had the opportunity to do a - complete - rebuild
finish and all) on an old square grand.
Was probably going to make at least $10,000 - BUT - I had no shop to
ove the piano to
SO I lost the job.
Now, I hope some smart-a** is not going to try and tell me that learning
bout square grands at a convention would have gained me this job!
--
uaine Hechler
iano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
uning, Servicing & Rebuilding