[pianotech] Lost business

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Thu May 20 17:01:05 MDT 2010

"If you can do it yourself and can pay for the materials as you go, you have a huge advantage,... NO PAYMENTS!!  Not all would agree that being debt free is the way to go, but it sure saves a lot of worries when the work is a little thin."

I concur

It would be nice to pay for materials as you go, but how far do you go with this? Should only buy bridle straps, center pins, punching, flanges, etc. etc. when I need them? I am renting my house because it has a place for me to do my work and I have an office. Yes, I should have rented a place for $500 a month less, but then where would I have done my shop work when it I do get some? Sometimes you do have to go into debt in order to build, and/or stay in business. It's not ideal, but we need to be realistic, too.

Wim