[pianotech] D/C in Yamaha UX 50 WNC

CHARLES BECKER cbeckercpt at verizon.net
Sat May 22 12:00:56 MDT 2010

 What is the purpose of the mesh screen that is attatched to the keybed and runs the width of the keybed along the top of the bottom board? ( Sorry no photo) .  I want to know if I can cut a small hole in the screening wide enough to pass the watering tube of a D/C  and not cause any unseen  problem.

My wild guess is that  it is ventilation for a disklavier system although there is no evidence that this piano ever had a disklavier system.

thanks in advance     chuck becker