[pianotech] Fallboard Problem/Kawai KG-2

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Wed May 26 13:56:26 MDT 2010

Hi All,

I'm looking for suggestions for what should be a simple problem.
I have a Kawai KG-2 in a high school with the "slow fall" fallboard that
isn't so slow any more it's about 18 years old.
The problem is the fallboard keeps getting displaced, on the treble side the
original shipping screw is still present keeping that end in place but on
the bass/slow fall end the plastic bracket has been broken enough that
there's no place to put in a screw to keep it in place.
I don't know if they move it a lot with the fall open or it's just kids
messing around or what it is but keeping the fallboard in place has become a
problem for the director & therefore my problem.
My feeling is that replacing the original bracket with a new one would be
short lived since the old one(&probably the new one)are plastic and would
end up broken again.

Thanks,

Mike

--

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it.

   Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service