[pianotech] Upright Dampers

Noah Frere noahfrere at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 13:06:53 MDT 2010

Hello all!
I have only installed damper felts once or twice on uprights, and have
always used the damper lever pressure as a clamp against the string. I still
plan on doing that for the bass dampers, but have an action in the shop and
am thinking of just gluing the fresh flat damper felts for the treble on
here, outside the piano. Since they're flat, I feel like they'll do their
job once they get to the strings. Is this folly?