[pianotech] Client Management Software Recommendations

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Sun Oct 3 15:23:49 MDT 2010

Hi Terry,

I use a very powerful program for the Mac called Daylite.  You can find it at http://www.marketcircle.com/

They have a Mac version as well as an iPhone version that sync with each other.  I used the services of Mac Angel  http://www.macangel.com/ to help me set up the system for piano use.  She also has lots of free podcasts and movies on iTunes.

It's very powerful, solidly built, with excellent support.  It integrates client management with projects, opportunities, tasks, your calendar, and your email. You can import selected emails from Apple Mail and attach them to any client, project, etc. You can sync across multiple computers, in real time with the proper setup. The only caveat is that it probably has an above average learning curve but it is certainly manageable.  That's where Marni at Mac Angel really helped.

Filemaker is a good program but you have to build what you want from scratch, although there are many templates out there, you may still need to modify them to work for you.

Daylite is definitely worth a look. You can download a free 30 day trial, too!

Good luck!

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC