[pianotech] snugging up an agraffe

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Oct 5 09:06:20 MDT 2010

  NOPE... Not me
  Dale

According to? I know people who crank them down much more than I, and others that make them just barely snug. None of the above have a record of either failure, or noise by the detriment of having not having been tightened enough.

 This seems like a good time to ask a question I've been carrying around for a very long time waiting for an opportune time for insertion. Has anyone reading here ever actually found an agraffe that made noise that was verifiably found to result from not having been tightened enough?

 I've found agraffes that were finger movable without string tension, that didn't make objectionable noises, and have NEVER found an agraffe noise attributable to having not been tightened down enough.

So what's the real story? Any rationally evidential contributions out there.
Ron N