[pianotech] My shop is too small...

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Wed Oct 6 12:22:05 MDT 2010

Barbara Richmond wrote:
> and it's a stinkin' mess.  I don't have anyone to blame but
> myself--well, about the mess, anyway.
>
> I want one of those TV shows to come to my house and organize it
> beautifully in half an hour. That would include painting the floor and
> incorporating Feng Shui design elements.  :-)
>
> OK, I feel better--I think.  Back to work...
>
> Barbara Richmond, RPT
> shoveling out near Peoria, Illinois
You, probably have nothing to complain about, try rebuilding player
pianos and reed/pump organs from ... your basement.....yes.....I said
basement.

In the case of the player piano, at the customers home, I gut the piano,
take all the player mechanism home _(and piano action, keys, if
needed)_, haul it down the basement steps, rebuild it, haul it back up
the basement steps, and reinstall it at the customers house. That means
I have to have enough of the larger hoses, cut them there and run them
to there proper places.

In the case of reed/pump organs, I accept the organ via trailer as is,
in my garage, gut the organ and haul all the parts down the basement
steps, rebuild them, haul it back up the basement steps, bring in the
case and put in the space between the kitchen and the living room (great
room floor plan), reassemble it, final testing, take it out to the
garage then deliver via trailer.

AND, in the basement, have all the parts of both player and organ,
strung everywhere and try to keep things organized.

For picture references, look at my website, in the rebuild areas of the
players and organs.

http://www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 10 years