[pianotech] Of Chisels

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Oct 10 08:06:37 MDT 2010

> I've always heard that a sharp tool is a safe tool.

I absolutely agree with that statement. If you don't have to force a
cutting tool, you have more control over it and hence less likely to
have a mishap. However, if you are going to have a mishap - and blade
meets flesh - be aware that a sharp tool will make a much larger and
deeper cut than a dull tool - although on a positive note I suppose
the larger and deeper cut will be smoother and less irregular - I
presume surgeons prefer it that way.....

Terry Farrell