[pianotech] rates for new techician

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 10 16:16:41 MDT 2010

I agree completely.

I might add too that the character of the quality of pianos you will likely
get to service will also tend be set by your pricing as well as by your
quality and dependability of your services.

Price shoppers are not for the most part, not interested in quality.  They
never have been.  They are interested in prices only and guess what kind of
pianos you will wind up servicing?  Spinets, pianos that haven't been tuned
in 25 years.  Pianos that need work, probably lots of work.  Pianos that
might be worth tuning in the first place.  Clients that really are not
interested in fixing the pianos and then as mentioned in other posts, when
you do raise your rates?  They will just go onto the next lowest tuner they
can find.  IMO, You don't want them as clients in the first place you want
stability, customers who want you and customers who will call you year after
year.

Work toward achieving your best quality as quickly as possible.

Jer Groot