[pianotech] Of Chisels

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Oct 10 19:34:08 MDT 2010

I first tried to sharpen with stones, but  I found that it was
difficult to touch up edges - if I wanted to do that, I found that I
had to go back to a coarse grit because if was difficult for me to get
the exact right angle. With the Tormek it is easy to hit the exact
angle and either go coarse if needed, or fine is the blade isn't bad.
I have no doubt that many kinds of stones are very good sharpening
tools, but I only have so much time to spend learning to sharpen and I
found that the Tormek made this learning curve VERY short and I have
VERY sharp tools!

Terry Farrell

PS - you're welcome regarding the sides of the wheel!!!