[pianotech] ideas on mileage

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Tue Oct 12 12:30:58 MDT 2010

Daniel

Instead of trying to figure out what surcharge to add to each customer based on how far away he/she lives from you, why not charge a flat fee for going beyond your immediate service area. I do this when I have to fly to a neighboring island. I just add an addition $25 to cover the cost of the flight and the rental of the car. In your case, figure out how much the trip costs, (not the actual cost of gas, but the IRS allowance on mileage for your car), divide it by the number of customers, and add that to each tuning fee. Most, if not all, of your customers will understand. When I fly, I try to get at least 4 appointments. But even if I have 5 or 6, I still add the same surcharge to each customer.

Wim