[pianotech] key leveling with a curve

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Tue Oct 12 15:01:19 MDT 2010

In a message dated 10/12/2010 2:16:57 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
nelsong at intune88.com writes:

Are there other reasons for curve leveling that I  am missing?

Correct me if I'm wrong (there's a dependable hope), but the most general
argument I've heard is that it is to compensate for the greater playing of
the  piano in the middle and the compression over time of parts and underkey
felts, etc. I can see the argument for mimicking the string plane curve
(maybe),  but the former argument strikes me as uncompelling.