[pianotech] bridge notching machines - search-able title

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Oct 16 20:52:44 MDT 2010

On 10/16/2010 8:58 PM, jimialeggio wrote:
> I know I saw pics of both Ron and Del's bridge cap notching machines on
> the archives, but can't for the life of me scare them out of their
> little archivey hidy holes.
>
> Any one have a clue where they might be hiding, or alternatively, Ron
> and/or Del, might you be of a mind to re-post under a search-able title?

Jim,
Here's a few for mine. Mine differs from Del's somewhat. I chose to lift
the bridge to a hold down rather than lower the entire cutter and
carriage assembly onto the bridge. The result is similar, but the
construction is simpler. The aggravation of height adjustment within the
bridge set is, however, common to either. I used a 2" diameter shaper
cutter, and powered it with an old router, stepped down with timing
belts and pulleys to provide both the appropriate rpm range, and
adequate power.

Ron N