[pianotech] Stunningly OT, but something Susan would have enjoyed.

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sun Oct 17 11:29:04 MDT 2010

  Thanks, Dave. Once in awhile I "try out" a violin, using a cello bow
(which he seemed to be doing), saying "let's see, this is a violin so I
hold it under my chin" (putting the scroll under my chin while the far
end rests in my lap ...)

A cello bow makes a tremendously gutsy tone on a violin.

He went so far beyond just fiddling around with his fiddler friends that
he got my attention. The Handel-Halvorsen, while not requiring true
virtuosity, is also not a pushover to play, on either instrument.

Susan