[pianotech] Agraffe Repair

Robert Casper bcasper at cox.net
Sun Oct 17 15:59:24 MDT 2010

I recently saw a listing for a kit that contained drill, tap, insert and
handles for drilling out an Agraffe and replacing using an insert in the
frame to hold the new Agraffe.  But I can’t find it again anywhere.

I am working on an old (no S/N) Ivers & Pond with a double string agraffe
that broke.  However a ¼” agraffe is too big and a 7/32” feels too small.
Either way the ones I bought would have the string sitting too tall.  I
bought some metric agraffes for and notice that they have the right string
height.